BEL-SME interregional R&D funding programme
By enabling the set-up of funded research projects between Flemish, Walloon and/or Brussels SME’s, the BEL-SME programme fills a gap in the Belgian federal research landscape.
In the framework of a BEL-SME project, each company is funded by its own regional funding agency.
Through the SME-programme (KMO-innovatieproject)
Through a specific BEL-SME programme
Through the SHAPE programme
BEL-SME projects should focus on a significant improvement of a product, process or service and thus have significant high risk.
All partners must have a defined role in the project resulting into a well balanced consortium with respect to tasks, risks and budget. Al least 2 SME’s from 2 different regions are required.
Research partners can participate only if an SME from the same region participates.
The duration of a BEL-SME project is between 12 and 24 months.
For Flanders and Brussels the funding is limited to a maximum of 250 k euro.
Time frame 2015:
- submission of the proposal: 29th of May 12h at project [at] bel-sme [dot] be. On the regional level additional regional proposals might be needed:
- IWT: a KMO-innovatieproject proposal by 29th of May
- DG06: a specific BEL-SME proposal 5 days after the BEL-SME deadline
- Innoviris: a SHAPE proposal by 29th of May
- 9th of June: communication on eligibility (only IF a company is non-eligibility; eligible projects do not receive any communication)/li>
- September 2015: joint evaluation by IWT, DG06 and Innoviris
- October 2015: final decision is communicated to the coordinator