CE Marine equipment
Notified Body number : 0493
Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU
The Marine Equipment Directive covers any ship flying a flag of an EEA member state. Conformity assessment is through a Notified Body, such as Centexbel, and the compliance mark is the Ship's Wheel.
The MED is aimed at ensuring that equipment which has to meet the requirements of international conventions (e.g., SOLAS, MARPOL, etc.) agreed at IMO (the International Maritime Organisation), additionally meets a common standard of safety and performance.
It also ensures that certificates issued by European Union member states, or on their behalf by notified bodies, are acceptable to each member state through the harmonisation of their approval requirements.
|Fire protection equipment||Production quality assurance
Product quality assurance
Fire protection equipment
- Fire Fighter's outfit: protective clothing (close proximity clothing)
- Fire Fighter's outfit: gloves
- Surface materials and floor coverings with low flame-spread characteristics
- Draperies, curtains and other suspended textile materials and films
- Upholstered furniture
- Bedding components
- Protective clothing resistant to chemical attack