The general objective of FuPLATex is to enable companies of the target group to develop market products made from renewable thermoplastics with a maximum added value. The main attention goes to highly sustainable products with additional functionalities.
The following characteristics are aimed at:
- long service life: along term durability (>10 years) should be guaranteed, via the use of hydrolytic stabilisers
- resistant to ageing in real conditions, via the use of UV stabilisers
- sustained release of integrated antimicrobial activities, via the use of nanoparticles and metal oxides inhibiting a growth of colonies of bacteria and fungi
- fire retardant textiles via the use of alternative halogen free FR systems
- antistatic properties, via the addition of conductive particles (e.g. carbon black, carbon nanotubes, graphene…)
The final goal is to create performances comparable to the ones of synthetic polymers leading to a transition from oil-based to bio-based polymers.