The conference on "Textile Wearables in the World of IoT" will bring together industry innovators, technology providers, creative labs, designers, economic promoters to discuss the challenges, technologies, applications of smart wearables, smart textiles, and the implementation of electronics and IT in textiles and textile wearables, within the context of a connected world.
The conference covers a wide variety of topics providing an excellent opportunity to look into actual developments in the following fields:
- Technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), Microelectronics, Small Sensors, Micro actuators, etc.
- Smart textiles: Sensor integration processes, Component integration, Printing Sensors, Connectivity, etc.
- Applications: Medical, Personal Assistance, Sport, Logistics, Workwear, Automotive, Home, etc.
08:30 Welcome Coffee
08:45 Introduction - Bernard Paquet - Centexbel
08:55 Smart textile wearables in a world of IoT’s - Lieva van Langenhove - Dept of Materials, Textiles & Chemical Engineering - Ghent University
09:35 Smart Healthcare Applications on textiles - Stijn Gillissen - Henkel
10:00 Textile interfaces from a user perspective - Florian Heller - Expertise Centre for Digital Media at Hasselt University
10:25 Bringing back the patient at the heart of healthcare by smart wearables - Dorothée Coppieters - Microsys at Liège University
10:50 Coffee Break
11:15 Electromagnetic shielding by e-textiles - Michele Genangeli - Genax bv
11:40 New possibilities with intrinsic smart textiles - Christoph Riethmüller - Deutsche Institute für Textil+Faserforschung
12:05 Printing techniques on stretchable materials - Wim Christiaens - Quad Industries s.a.
12:30 Walking Lunch
13:30 Printed electronics in the evolution to smart textiles - Brecht Demedts - Centexbel
13:55 The challenging Development Process of Smart Personal Protective Equipment - “from Requirement Assessment to Certification” - Jan Jordan - Institut für Textiltechnik of RWTH Aachen University
14:15 - 17:15 Coffee break and SmartX Workshop
organized by Project partners Centexbel, DSP Valley, UP-tex, and CITC.
Start at 14.15h.
SmartX is short for "European Smart Textiles Accelerator". Innovation projects supported through the SmartX Accelerator programme will focus on connecting promising design prototypes and a growing end market interest in smart textiles and wearables.
SmartX is a H2020 project with the aim to boost smart textile innovations and to develop an end-to-end smart textiles manufacturing value chain in Europe to accelerate the marketing of promising prototypes.
During the 3-year project 3 calls for funding are expected to support up to 40 individual projects with a total budget of € 2.4 million.
Join the workshop and
- discover state of the art innovations in smart textiles and electronic systems through expert presentations
- attend a panel discussion with business and research participants
- be inspired by the EU Strategy for IOT & Smart Textiles
- get to know all about how to apply for SmartX support and funding
- € 200,00
- € 180,001
- € 100,002
- € 160,003
- € 60,004
- Special fee for Centexbel members, participants presenting a scientific poster, sponsors and SmartX partners
- Special fee for speakers with the exception of speakers who are a Centexbel member and of invited speakers
- Fee per person for group registrations > 10 persons (contact: Mme Dominique Sacré)
- Student fee
Please note that
- the registration fees include the attendance of the conference sessions, the conference proceedings, the coffee breaks and lunch
- VAT is not included
- Participation to the SmartX workshop is free of charge
Boulevard Emile de Laveleye 191
4020 Liège (Belgium)
Mme. Dominique Sacré
Centexbel | Rue du Travail 5 | 4460 Grâce-Hollogne