International shipping transports more than 80 per cent of global trade to peoples and communities all over the world. Shipping is the most efficient and cost-effective method of international transportation for most goods; it provides a dependable, low-cost means of transporting goods globally, facilitating commerce and helping to create prosperity among nations and peoples.
The world relies on a safe, secure and efficient international shipping industry – and this is provided by the regulatory framework developed and maintained by IMO, the International Maritme Organisation.
“Wheelmark” certification for products used on board ships.
Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU
- Fire protection equipment Production quality assurance
- Product quality assurance
- Product verification
- EC type-examination
Fire protection equipment
- Fire Fighter's outfit: protective clothing (close proximity clothing)
- Fire Fighter's outfit: gloves
- Surface materials and floor coverings with low flame-spread characteristics:
- c. floor coverings
- Draperies, curtains and other suspended textile materials and films
- Upholstered furniture
- Bedding components
- Protective clothing resistant to chemical attack