Guide for more information
How can Centexbel help?
Please note that Centexbel is NOT a producer or retailer of face masks.
You can direct all your questions about the evaluation (testing) of face masks against the coronavirus to Mark Croes. He will be happy to advise you further.
Tests by Centexbel
Centexbel evaluates certain types of surgical face masks and protective clothing against the penetration of viruses.
What are medical face masks, respirators and protective clothing against infective agents? What tests and standards apply and for which tests can you contact us?
What are surgical or medical face masks?
- medical device worn by doctors and nurses to protect the patient during care and treatment
- worn by sick people to prevent them from infecting others
- tested and evaluated according to EN 14683 (EU) or ASTM F2100 (USA) - offered by Centexbel
What are protective masks or respirators?
- personal protective equipment to protect the wearer from hazardous substances and dust
- worn mainly in professional settings
- tested and certified according to EN 149 (FFP classification, EU) or NIOSH N95 (USA) – NOT offered by Centexbel
What is protective clothing against infective agents?
- mainly single-use coveralls worn to protect the wearer against bacteria and/or viruses
- protection against transmission by humidity, particles or aerosol
- tested and certified according to EN 14126 (EU) – offered by Centexbel
When and how to use masks?
If you have any questions about when and how to use a mask to protect yourself against the coronavirus, we are happy to refer you to dedicated webpage of the World Health Organization