The conference on "Textile Wearables in the World of IoT" will bring together industry innovators, technology providers, creative labs, designers, economic promoters to discuss the challenges, technologies, applications of smart wearables, smart textiles, and the implementation of electronics and IT in textiles and textile wearables, within the context of a connected world.
The conference covers a wide variety of topics providing an excellent opportunity to look into actual developments in the following fields:
- Technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), Microelectronics, Small Sensors, Micro actuators, etc.
- Smart textiles: Sensor integration processes, Component integration, Printing Sensors, Connectivity, etc.
- Applications: Medical, Personal Assistance, Sport, Logistics, Workwear, Automotive, Home, etc.
08:30 Welcome Coffee
08:45 Introduction - Bernard Paquet - Centexbel
08:55 Smart textile wearables in a world of IoT’s - Lieva van Langenhove - Dept of Materials, Textiles & Chemical Engineering - Ghent University
09:35 Smart Healthcare Applications on textiles - Stijn Gillissen - Henkel
10:00 Textile interfaces from a user perspective - Florian Heller - Expertise Centre for Digital Media at Hasselt University
10:25 Bringing back the patient at the heart of healthcare by smart wearables - Dorothée Coppieters - Microsys at Liège University
10:50 Coffee Break
11:15 Electromagnetic shielding by e-textiles - Michele Genangeli - Genax bv
11:40 New possibilities with intrinsic smart textiles - Christoph Riethmüller - Deutsche Institute für Textil+Faserforschung
12:05 Printing techniques on stretchable materials - Wim Christiaens - Quad Industries s.a.
12:30 Walking Lunch
13:30 Printed electronics in the evolution to smart textiles - Brecht Demedts - Centexbel
13:55 The challenging Development Process of Smart Personal Protective Equipment - “from Requirement Assessment to Certification” - Jan Jordan - Institut für Textiltechnik of RWTH Aachen University
14:15 - 17:15 Coffee break and SmartX Workshop
organized by Project partners Centexbel, DSP Valley, UP-tex, and CITC.
Start at 14.15h.
SmartX is short for "European Smart Textiles Accelerator". Innovation projects supported through the SmartX Accelerator programme will focus on connecting promising design prototypes and a growing end market interest in smart textiles and wearables.
SmartX is a H2020 project with the aim to boost smart textile innovations and to develop an end-to-end smart textiles manufacturing value chain in Europe to accelerate the marketing of promising prototypes.
During the 3-year project 3 calls for funding are expected to support up to 40 individual projects with a total budget of € 2.4 million.
Join the workshop and
- discover state of the art innovations in smart textiles and electronic systems through expert presentations
- attend a panel discussion with business and research participants
- be inspired by the EU Strategy for IOT & Smart Textiles
- get to know all about how to apply for SmartX support and funding
- € 200,00
- € 180,001
- € 100,002
- € 160,003
- € 60,004
- Special fee for Centexbel members, participants presenting a scientific poster, sponsors and SmartX partners
- Special fee for speakers with the exception of speakers who are a Centexbel member and of invited speakers
- Fee per person for group registrations > 10 persons (contact: Mme Dominique Sacré)
- Student fee
Please note that
- the registration fees include the attendance of the conference sessions, the conference proceedings, the coffee breaks and lunch
- VAT is not included
- Participation to the SmartX workshop is free of charge
Online registration form
Your subscription in only valid upon reception of our electronic confirmation. Afterwards you will receive an invoice for payment, including 21% VAT. The payment of the conference fee has to be made on receipt of invoice and via bank transfer. If on your demand any changes have to be made to the invoice after it has been sent, an administrative cost of 15 euro will be charged for the new invoice. Due to organisational reasons credit cards cannot be accepted.
Cancellations and refunds:
Notification must be received by Centexbel in writing (email or fax) no later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will no longer be eligible for refund.
If a registrant is unable to attend the conference for any reason they may substitute someone else to attend in their place. In that case, please send us the name of your substitute.
Important: For payments received from outside Belgium by bank transfer, the refund will be made by bank transfer and all bank charges will be for the registrants account.
Centexbel is an accredited training centre allowing Flemish SME’s to participated at reduced price. Accreditation number of Centexbel DV.O101549.
Boulevard Emile de Laveleye 191
4020 Liège (Belgium)
Mme. Dominique Sacré
Centexbel | Rue du Travail 5 | 4460 Grâce-Hollogne