Nominations for the European Inventor Award 2016 are now open. The Award recognises outstanding inventors from around the world, from all technical fields and backgrounds. You don’t have to be an inventor yourself to put forward a nominee. People from industry, research institutes, IP associations and universities, as well as the general public, are all welcome to make a suggestion. So why not go ahead and nominate your favourite inventor? You can even nominate yourself if you want!
- Industry: for outstanding and successful technologies patented by large European companies
- SMEs: for exceptional inventions at small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Research: for pioneering inventors working at universities or research institutes
- Lifetime achievement: honouring the long-term contribution of an individual European inventor
- Non-European countries: for all inventors who are not European nationals but have been granted a European patent