EMFF helps fishers to adopt sustainable fishing practices and coastal communities to diversify their economies, improving quality of life along European coasts.
The European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) is one of the five European Structural and Investment Funds which complement each other to deliver more jobs and growth in the EU. It has an overall budget of €6.4 billion for the period 2014-2020.
- helps fishers adapt to sustainable fishing
- supports coastal communities in diversifying their economies
- finances projects that create new jobs and improve quality of life along European coasts
- supports sustainable aquaculture developments
- makes it easier for applicants to access financing
- supports the implementation of the maritime policy
It has an overall budget of €6 400 million for the period 2014-2020.