- Promote the development of a joint research roadmap for smart textiles
- Foster the transfer of knowledge among different actors in order to find suitable applications in various multidisciplinary fields
- Act as stakeholder platform to identify needs and requirements from different points of view in a bottom-up approach
- Promote networking activities in order to attract talent, build more and better research projects with more consciousness on the objectives of creating exploitable results.
Centexbel is active in:
WORKING GROUP 3: PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Textile materials in this category market have the following main functions:
- Protect workers against dangerous elements, materials or processes that may occur during their working hours.
- Protect the products, the workplace or the environment.
- Protect people from other people in security/defence situations.
It includes protection against cold, chemical agents, electrical shocks, heat and flames, mechanical actions, nuclear hazard, electromagnetic-radiation, X-rays, dust, falls or sharping elements.
The challenges of textile materials in the personal protective equipment (PPE) sector:
Comfort optimization and weight reduction while maintaining or even improving protective function remains the main driver of innovation, with more emphasis being currently placed on design and new methods of integration of ICT wearable /e-textile solutions that allow the construction of comfortable and user-friendly wearable ICT systems.
The main goal of these wearable ICT systems is bio-monitoring the user, assessing the integrity of the PPE and also monitoring hazardous conditions in which the PPE is used.
CONTEXT has issued its first newsletter which includes a brief overview of the network, the major news about its activities as well as related news from its members.
CONTEXT will be issuing a newsletter each semester (next is foreseen December 2020) as a strategy to increase the visibility of the network, the sector and its members.