The composition and functioning of the General Council and Standing Committee are determined by the Centexbel Statutes.
The General Council is composed of
- members nominated by the General Assembly of the Federation of the Belgian Textile industry, Fedustria, with observance of the equal repartition of the different textile branches
- 1 member nominated by the Union of Belgian Enterprises, who is by right the vice-chairman
- 6 members nominated by the most representative Trade unions of the industrial branch
- personalities of high scientific or technical status in industry, economy or law
The members' mandates are granted for a period of three years. Resigning members may be re-elected. The General Council elects a chairman within or outside its circle, who is nominated: chairman of the Centre.
Centexbel is administrated by the Standing Committee composed of
- the chairman and vice-chairman of the General Council who assume the same function within the Standing Committee
- members elected by the General Council
The members' mandates are granted for a period of maximum three years. The expiry date of a mandate as member of the Standing Committee coincides with the one as member of the General Council.