The Institute for Composite Materials (IVW) is a nonprofit organization. It develops new composite applications in various joint ventures with industrial customers and within funded research programs.
New materials, advanced composite design schemes, and manufacturing processes are investigated and – once the necessary fundamentals are understood – engineered for applications and tailored to meet individual product requirements (mission oriented research).
Besides this, new ideas and concepts internally generated are constituent elements of the research work and advanced developments (intrinsic research). The knowledge gained through R&D is transferred: into industrial applications, the education of engineers, and into new spin-off companies.
- Design of Composite Structures
- Process Simulation
- Crash & Energy Absorption
- Fatigue & Life Time Prediction
- Tailored & Smart Composites
- Tailored Thermosets & Biomaterials
- Material Analytics
- Press & Joining Technologies
- Roving & Tape Processing
- Impregnation & Preform Technologies